Roisin Kiberd discusses with Ivan six things which should be better known.
Roisin Kiberd’s essays have been published in the Dublin Review, the White Review, the Stinging Fly and Winter Papers. She has written features on technology and culture for publications including the New York Times, the Guardian, Vice and Motherboard, where she wrote a column about internet subcultures. Having spent some time in London as the online voice of a cheese brand, she now lives between Dublin and Berlin. Her first book is The Disconnect.
1. Ologies www.alieward.com/ologies
2. The Surgeon’s Hall Museums, Edinburgh https://museum.rcsed.ac.uk/
3. VALIS by Philip K Dick http://www.conceptualfiction.com/valis.html
5. This tweet: https://ifunny.co/picture/donald-j-trump-o-the-coca-cola-company-is-not-z7uZLjBg4 (also as a bizarre, unintentional riff on this even more iconic tweet).
6. The Conservatism of Emoji https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2056305115604853