This week, Laura Barton discusses six things that should be better known.
1. Petrol tank arrow: very few drivers know about this handy tool – http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2012/05/09/dashboard_gas_gauge_arrows_what_do_they_indicate_.html
2. Oat milk tequila coffee: a drink that does not yet exist online, but is an alcohol variant of one that does – http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/lifestyle/why-youll-soon-be-adding-oat-milk-to-your-morning-coffee-832261.html
3. The Shivers: a New York band – http://www.theshivers.bandcamp.com
4. The National Fruit Collection: Faversham’s finest – http://www.nationalfruitcollection.org.uk
5. Midwestern cities: Dubuque, Muscatine, Cairo, quad cities, McGregor, Iowa – http://www.traveldubuque.com
6. The history of barbed wire: how it took over the world – http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40448594
This week, biographer Peter Parker discusses with Ivan his six choices of things which he thinks should be better known.
1. Something for Everyone (1970), Harold Prince film starring Angela Lansbury and Michael York https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066392/?ref_=nv_sr_1
2. G.F. Green (1911-77), writer https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G._F._Green
3. Calcutta/Kolkata as a tourist destination http://www.kolkata.org.uk/tourist-attractions/
4. Humphrey Spender, painter, photographer and designer https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humphrey_Spender
5. The Church of St Nicholas, Little Braxted, Essex http://www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/101111066-church-of-st-nicholas-little-braxted
6. Inexpensive Progress blog: http://inexpensiveprogress.com