David Benedict discusses with Ivan six things which he thinks should be better known.
David Benedict is a culture critic and broadcaster. He read drama at Hull University, spent ten years as an actor, singer and director and was artistic director of the U.K.’s national lesbian and gay theatre company, Gay Sweatshop. He joined The Independent in 1993, becoming a daily arts columnist and associate editor. The former arts editor of The Observer, he is the London critic of Variety and a weekly columnist for The Stage and divides his time between criticism, arts journalism and broadcasting. He is writing the authorised biography of Stephen Sondheim and also plays Tristram Hawkshaw on The Archers.
- Better Things https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/feb/28/better-things-gets-better-pamela-adlon-triumphs-without-louis-ck
- Betty MacDonald https://www.seattletimes.com/entertainment/books/looking-for-betty-macdonald-finds-comedy-and-tragedy/
- The Cloud-Capp’d Towers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKzB359qAuM
- It’s Only Fair Weather https://takeonecinema.net/2020/focus-on-its-always-fair-weather/
- Dungeness https://www.timeout.com/kent/things-to-do/best-things-to-do-in-dungeness
- The Robber Hotzenplotz https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Robber_Hotzenplotz