Oliver Sears discusses with Ivan six things which he thinks should be better known.
Oliver Sears is a London-born Dublin-based art dealer & gallery owner. He is son of a Holocaust survivor & founder of Holocaust Awareness Ireland. Formerly a trustee of Holocaust Education Trust Ireland, he is a frequent contributor to radio and newspapers including RTÉ and The Irish Times. He tells his family story ‘The Objects of Love’ through a collection of precious objects, documents and photographs, powerful mementoes that survived the war and describe individual lives under Nazi occupation. This was presented for the 2019 annual Kristallnacht lecture at Trinity College Dublin. In collaboration with Trinity College Dublin and Holocaust Awareness Ireland, Oliver was in conversation with both Lenny Abrahamson and Daniel Mendelsohn in two separate events in the series Why Talk About the Holocaust?
- Derek Mahon https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000nz1m/derek-mahon-the-poetry-nonsense
- The Trouble with Physics by Lee Smolin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIEorqJCQ2k
- The piece written just before the really famous one’. Three extraordinary pieces of music: Mozart Piano Concerto 20, the first aria of the Queen of the Night in the Magic Flute and Beethoven Piano Concerto 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71AgofmDSjs
- Krowki https://ifood.tv/european/krowki/about
- Giorgio Perlasca https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/obituary-giorgio-perlasca-1541233.html
- Helen Frankenthaler https://www.tate.org.uk/art/artists/helen-frankenthaler-1114