Armand D’Angour discusses with Ivan six things which he thinks should be better known.
Armand D’Angour is a Professor of Classics at the University of Oxford, and Fellow and Tutor at Jesus College, Oxford. He is the author of numerous articles and chapters on the literature and culture of ancient Greece, and (as a former professional cellist) has conducted innovative research into reconstructing ancient Greek music. His books include The Greeks and the New (Cambridge: CUP, 2011) and Socrates in Love: The Making of a Philosopher (Bloomsbury 2019) – reviewed here.
1. Aspasia of Miletus https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b040hjy4
2. Schubert Arpeggione Sonata with cellist Miklos Perenyi and pianist Andras Schiff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNcQuY1isEI
3. Pienza in the Val d’Orcia https://www.marthasitaly.com/articles/16/pienza-tuscany
4. Odi et Amo by Catullus https://www.rattle.com/odi-et-amo-hate-and-love-and-the-poets-soup-by-art-beck/
5. Projection https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection