Viv Groskop discusses with Ivan six things which she thinks should be better known.
Viv Groskop is a writer, critic, broadcaster and stand-up comedian. She is the author of How to Own the Room: Women and the Art of Brilliant Speaking, also a Top 10 iTunes podcast, now in its 8th series, featuring guests like Hillary Clinton, Margaret Atwood, Nigella Lawson, Julie Andrews, Sarah Hurwitz (Michelle Obama’s speechwriter). Her latest book is Au Revoir Tristesse: Lessons in Happiness from French Literature. She has presented Front Row and Saturday Review on BBC Radio 4, is a regular on BBC1’s This Week and has hosted book tours for Graham Norton, Jo Brand and Jennifer Saunders.
1. Saturday Night Live’s The Californians https://www.dailycal.org/2019/12/06/why-the-californians-skit-from-snl-is-the-best-of-all-time/
2. The poetry of Anna Akhmatova https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poets/anna-akhmatova
3. Lipcote https://www.lipcote.com/
4. The music of Janis Ian https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QPF-duKQro
5. Vermouth and vermuterias https://vinepair.com/wine-blog/youre-probably-drinking-storing-and-making-cocktails-with-your-vermouth-wrong/
6. “Yes and” as a verb — the improv concept https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yes,_and…