Peter Gatrell discusses with Ivan six things which he thinks should be better known.
Peter Gatrell teaches modern history at the University of Manchester. His books include a trilogy on refugee history: the prize-winning book A Whole Empire Walking: Refugees in Russia during World War 1, Free World? The Campaign to Save the World’s Refugees, 1956-1963 and The Making of the Modern Refugee. His latest book, The Unsettling of Europe: the Great Migration, 1945 to the Present, a new history of Europe seen through the lens of migration, appeared with Penguin Books and Basic Books in August 2019.
- Aurora Mardiganian https://www.kcet.org/shows/artbound/i-am-armenian-the-intriguing-life-of-aurora-mardiganian
- The John Rylands University Library, Manchester www.library.manchester.ac.uk/rylands/visit/explore/
- Stromboli https://www.criterion.com/current/posts/2908-modern-marriage-on-stromboli
- Maria Yudina https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=zF03KVIsrns
- Mikhail Bulgakov’s A Country Doctor’s Notebook www.nybooks.com/daily/2013/11/14/hamming-up-bulgakov/
- The Forest of Bowland https://www.forestofbowland.com/