Composer Tarik O’Regan discusses with Ivan six things which he thinks should be better known.
Tarik O’Regan has written music for the BBC Symphony Orchestra, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, BBC Proms at the Royal Albert Hall, and the Royal Opera House, London.
He is currently working on a saxophone concerto, which has been commissioned for soloist Amy Dickson by the Presteigne Festival to be premiered during his tenure as Composer-in-Residence in 2020.
Tarik O’Regan’s work, recognized with two GRAMMY® nominations and two British Composer Awards, has been recorded on 39 albums.
- Librettists https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2007/01/08/nights-at-the-opera
- Western Addition http://www.foundsf.org/index.php?title=Western_Addition:_A_Basic_History (PHOTO: Alamo Square)
- Eswatini https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-43821512 (PHOTO: Malolotja National Park)
- Musical commission fees https://www.theguardian.com/culture-professionals-network/culture-professionals-blog/2014/aug/18/future-new-music-composers-report-pay
- Original songs which became famous cover versions