James Runcie discusses with Ivan six things which should be better known.
James Runcie is an award-winning film-maker, playwright and literary curator. He is the author of twelve novels that have been translated into twelve languages, including the seven books in the Grantchester Mysteries series. He has been Artistic Director of the Bath Literature Festival, Head of Literature and Spoken Word at the Southbank Centre, London, and Commissioning Editor for Arts on BBC Radio 4. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature. He lives in Scotland and London. His latest novel is The Great Passion.
1. Bach’s Cantata 22 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcflikYLk1w
2. Ladi Kwali ceramics https://www.oxfordceramics.com/artists/107-ladi-kwali/overview/
3. Lydia Davis’ short stories https://www.nybooks.com/articles/2010/04/29/horse-sense-heartache/
4. The Lacemaker https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/the-lacemaker-1978
5. The Photos by The Photos https://www.allmusic.com/album/the-photos-mw0000495183
6. Fernet Branca https://spiritsreview.com/reviews/fernet-branca/