Jessica Nordell discusses with Ivan six things which should be better known.
Jessica Nordell is a science and culture journalist whose writing has appeared in the Atlantic, the New York Times, the New Republic, and many other publications. A former writer for public radio and producer for American Public Media, she graduated from Harvard University and the University of Wisconsin, Madison. She lives in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The End of Bias: A Beginning is her first book.
1. Notes on a Foreign Country by Suzy Hansen https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/a-shattering-and-a-shame-on-suzy-hansens-notes-on-a-foreign-country/
2. Somewhere in the Unknown World by Kao Kalia Yang https://harvardreview.org/book-review/somewhere-in-the-unknown-world/
3. Black Dog of Fate by Peter Balakian https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-reviews/peter-balakian/black-dog-of-fate/
5. The skills to navigate difficult emotions https://www.gottman.com/blog/6stepstomindfullydealwithdifficultemotions/
6. The fact that biased behaviour and organisations can change https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/oct/02/the-end-of-bias-by-jessica-nordell-review-how-to-remove-your-blinkers