Journalist Kavita Puri discusses with Ivan six things which she thinks should be better known.
Kavita Puri is an award-winning journalist, executive producer and broadcaster for the BBC. She is also the author of the critically acclaimed book Partition Voices: Untold British Stories.
Kavita is a regular presenter of The Inquiry on the BBC World Service and Radio 4. Her landmark three-part series, Partition Voices, on Radio 4 marked the 70th anniversary of the partition of India. It was awarded The Royal Historical Society’s Best Radio and Podcast prize and its overall Public History Prize. Partition Voices: Untold British Stories, based on the series, was published in 2019 by Bloomsbury. She presents Three Pounds in My Pocket, a social history of South Asians in post-war Britain, on Radio 4. For more information about Kavita, please go to https://www.kavita-puri.com/.
- Partition https://www.nybooks.com/articles/1997/10/23/india-the-imprint-of-empire/
- Southern Spain https://theculturetrip.com/europe/spain/articles/the-most-beautiful-towns-and-cities-to-visit-in-southern-spain/
- Letter-writing https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/nov/26/from-me-with-love-lost-art-letter-writing
- Cast Courts https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london/arts/v-and-a-cast-courts-replicas-rome-a4002336.html
- Dance https://www.seattletimes.com/life/wellness/late-bloomers-adult-ballet-classes-bring-the-joy-of-dance-at-any-age/
- Recording your family history https://www.familysearch.org/blog/en/family-history-2/