Caroline Eden discusses with Ivan six things which she thinks should be better known.
Caroline Eden is a writer and critic contributing to the Guardian, Financial Times and the Times Literary Supplement. In 2020, she was awarded the prestigious Art of Eating Prize. She is the author of two food and travel books, Samarkand (2016) and Black Sea (2018). Her new book, Red Sands, looking at the food and culture of Central Asia, will be out in November 2020. You can follow her @edentravels on Twitter and Instagram.
1. Kazakhstan as a destination https://www.journalofnomads.com/places-to-visit-in-kazakhstan/
2. Cornucopia magazine http://www.cornucopia.net
3. Sea buckthorn as an ingredient http://www.missfoodwise.com/2018/10/sea-buckthorn-berries-various-ways-kitchen.html/
4. Sanmao https://www.bloomsbury.com/au/stories-of-the-sahara-9781408881880/
5. Roz Chast https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/roz-chast
6. Gaye Su Akyol https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/nov/02/gaye-su-akyol-istikrarli-hayal-hakikattir-review-turkish-star-deserves-big-things