Brooke Allen discusses with Ivan six things which she thinks should be better known.
Brooke Allen has a PhD in English from Columbia University. She writes frequently for newspapers and magazines and has published two volumes of literary essays as well as works of history, travel, and biography. She spent eight years on the Literature faculty at Bennington College in Vermont, and currently teaches History of Thought in the Bennington Prison Education Initiative. She lives in the Hudson Valley, New York.
Her books are Benazir Bhutto: Favored Daughter, Moral Minority: Our Skeptical Founding Fathers, The Other Side of the Mirror: An American Travels Through Syria, Twentieth-Century Attitudes: Literary Powers in Uncertain Times and Artistic License: Three Centuries of Good Writing and Bad Behavior.
- E Nesbit https://www.nybooks.com/articles/1964/12/03/the-writing-of-e-nesbit/
- The Blue Ridge Mountains https://blog.vistadevelopers.com/what-its-like-to-live-in-the-blue-ridge-mountains
- Rohinton Mistry https://www.lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v24/n08/frank-kermode/in-the-spirit-of-mayhew
- The correspondence of Thomas Jefferson and John Adams https://www.history.com/news/jefferson-adams-founding-frenemies
- Yale Center for British Art, New Haven https://britishart.yale.edu/
- The movies of Esther Williams https://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/jun/06/esther-williams-dies-91