Henriette van der Blom, Senior Lecturer in Ancient History in the Department of Classics, Ancient History and Archaeology at the University of Birmingham, discusses with Ivan six things which should be better known.
1. The oratory of Julius Caesar https://www.cambridge.org/core/books/oratory-and-political-career-in-the-late-roman-republic/0FF23CFD58211BCB8085B9F75664CD72
2. Ancient rhetoric http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/cor
3. The work and legacy of the Danish seismologist Inge Lehmann https://videnskab.dk/naturvidenskab/inge-lehmann-og-de-usynlige-danske-videnskabskvinder
4. The classical derivation of English words https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_words_of_Greek_origin
5. Limiting the overuse of modern antibiotics http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20170607-how-we-can-stop-antibiotic-resistance
6. Learning a new language is good for you https://www.britishcouncil.org/voices-magazine/does-being-bilingual-make-you-smarter