This week, Laura Barton discusses six things that should be better known.
1. Petrol tank arrow: very few drivers know about this handy tool – http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2012/05/09/dashboard_gas_gauge_arrows_what_do_they_indicate_.html
2. Oat milk tequila coffee: a drink that does not yet exist online, but is an alcohol variant of one that does – http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/lifestyle/why-youll-soon-be-adding-oat-milk-to-your-morning-coffee-832261.html
3. The Shivers: a New York band – http://www.theshivers.bandcamp.com
4. The National Fruit Collection: Faversham’s finest – http://www.nationalfruitcollection.org.uk
5. Midwestern cities: Dubuque, Muscatine, Cairo, quad cities, McGregor, Iowa – http://www.traveldubuque.com
6. The history of barbed wire: how it took over the world – http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40448594