This week, Edward Cook discusses with Ivan six things which he thinks should be better known.
1. The microbiome: all the bacteria that live in your gut – http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/19/magazine/say-hello-to-the-100-trillion-bacteria-that-make-up-your-microbiome.html
2. Overinvestment in hops: that craft beer is going to burst eventually – http://www.ft.com/content/468aa664-c5bc-11e6-8f29-9445cac8966f
3. John Clarke aka Fred Dagg: Australian satire – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgrX7uOZqHI
4. The massacre of the Nepalese royal family: http://www.pri.org/stories/2011-06-01/why-nepals-crown-prince-went-killing-spree
5. Absence of tube stations in south east London: why the Underground does not cover the whole city – http://www.citymetric.com/transport/why-are-there-so-few-tube-lines-south-london-2929
6. The Castle: Australian film comedy – http://www.theguardian.com/film/australia-culture-blog/2014/apr/04/the-castle-rewatching-classic-australian-films